Liz i do not see joe average in any nation state in charge or influencing anything. It seems to all sort of a plutocracy with some social benefits if ones income is low.
-----Original Message-----
From: LizR <lizj...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Nov 5, 2013 8:58 pm
Subject: Re: Our Demon-Haunted World

The ideas had better be convincing because we don't have unlimited time to sort out the mess the world is in thanks to the 'tragedy of the commons".

Well that's a challenge, but if someone has a great scheme, you would get people to sell it to the big banks or whats called, private equity firms. They loan the cash, for a cut in the profits. So, our idea had better be convincing. Otherwise we get green energy concepts that produce money for the Solyndras who  soak up taxes and produce nothing!