Yes Brent the veterans administration as well. My point was that many out in the world think the US has no government services, when we have had it for decades. There is always sensible cooperation, to work together, but to do it as a dictatorship seems seld destructive to me. Maybe the internet can be better used for bringing people together to problem solve?
-----Original Message-----
From: meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Nov 5, 2013 9:28 pm
Subject: Re: Our Demon-Haunted World

On 11/5/2013 5:21 PM, spudboy...@aol.com wrote:

Just a few points:

The advantage of individualism, is it reduces lemming marches, when
everyone is running
in the wrong direction.

The disadvantage is that if the organized elite convince everyone else that they should
only act as individuals they will easily hold onto their power.

Secondly, the european and australian members here should realize
that the usa has has
socialized medicine for the poor, and for the elderly, for over 50
years now, called
medicaid, and medicare. It seemed some did not know this fact.

And you could count the Veteran's Administration in there too. Together they account for
about 40% of all healthcare expenditures in the U.S.

Thirdly, most Marxists have capitalist pals, crony capitalists, and
the ideals of
Marxism have co-mingled the needs of the super rich.

I don't think there are any real Marxists. Marx had some great insights into what was wrong with the industrial revolution and how classes form and interact. But his ideas about the evolution of government were naive fantasies. They've never worked very long,
even on the small scale of the Amana Colony or the kibbutz.

Its a global phenomena. So how do you all like it? Fourth Ayn Rand
was a script writer,
and more of a Shakspeare, then a social philosopher. In Shrugged, she
also used a bit of
scifi, amidst a dystopia, which if we are not careful, could be our
future. The cronyism
of politics she got 100 percent correct.

Rand understandably hated communism. But she then supposed that if you just took the
negation of everything communist it would be right.