On 7 November 2013 15:57, Chris de Morsella <cdemorse...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
dying off in large numbers because (from our perspective, at least) we
screwed up the environment. Are you saying we've done well so we should be
grateful - or something - at least it sounds like that's what you're
saying, maybe not what you intended? Anyway, having cheated evolution in
all sorts of ways, from domesticating animals to cochleal implants, I for
one am not prepared to sit back and say, darn, I can't synthesise my own
vitamin C so I guess I'll just have to die. Instead I eat fruit, having
benefitted from someone having worked out how to obtain vitamin C. And if
they find a way to fix strokes I'll be lining up for that too. I don't see
why we have to stick with the "mixed bag" we got from evolutionary
roulette, and I certainly haven't, having given birth with the aid of
modern medical knowledge rather than going off to a cave to do it the
natural way, thank you very much, and when my gall bladder started playing
up I had keyhole surgery rather than opting to live in pain, or die. And as
far as I'm concerned we should fix up all the other evolutionary mistakes
as soon as possible, including the ones that make some people behave like
monsters.