On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 3:50 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 07 Nov 2013, at 00:51, LizR wrote:
>
> I was thinking specifically of Max Tegmark's MUH. He considers minds to be
> "subsystems" of the maths - he doesn't say anything about computations
> existing in arithmetic. So I think he probably hasn't developed that aspect
> of the theory to the extent that you have, and may not realise the full
> implications. Have you had any communication with him? It could be
> interesting to combine your ideas.
>

> We have discussed on this list a long time ago. I was astonished that he
> does not believe in the quantum immortality,

Interesting.  And he is one who is well known for popularizing the idea of
proving MWI by putting a quantum gun to one's head.  How did he justify his
disbelief in quantum immortality while at the same time believe in MWI?
 What would he think the experimenter will experience when he gets in the
box with Schrodinger's cat?