Liz: it all starts with the proper use of words we use so imroperly.

What is  P H Y S I C A L ?  the explanational domain where features are
"proven" by other featires of the explanational theoretical domain? (By
instruments from WITHIN)
What is " M E N T A L " ?  we live in a maze and use 'language' to
communicate.

Look at ' M A T E R I A L ' at the final dissolution of the particles: no
matter-like in them.
Look at ' M E N T A L '  in the (conventional) scientific explanatory
figments: you end up with PHYSICAL sites (in the brain) and PHYSICAL
processes (electrical etc.) to explain.  Another "look-up" comes from the
changes of such figments over the millennia of our developmental process,
how ALL of them transformed as we 'learned' more about the circumstances we
know so little about.

This is why my agnosticism is based on: The only thing we know is "We
Don't".

The rest is 'science' etc. we keep talking about. Belief, doubt, Nobel
Prizes, etc.
(And maybe: Bruno's "numbers"????? applied by his (Loeb's?) universal
machine).

John Mikes