On 11/11/2013 12:11 AM, LizR wrote:
On 11 November 2013 18:18, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    On 11/10/2013 5:59 PM, LizR wrote:
    On 11 November 2013 13:53, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net
    <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

        On 11/10/2013 3:54 PM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

        Sure, but the thing is that *you have to*, and asking such question at
that
        stage is very likely... you can't be 10⁵ years old before having been 1
year
        old... it's simply nonsense.

        So you're falling back on the all-purpose 'everything' answer; whatever
you
        observe is one of everything and that why everything is consistent with
it -
        like why I'm not a Chinaman?

    There isn't any falling back here that I can see. It seems quite reasonable
to say
    you have to pass through your birthdays in ascending order. I can't see why
that is
    problematic / contraversial?

    Sure, but if I live infinitely long I will have almost all my experiences
older than
    75.  So when I note that I'm not that old and that seems improbable, it's
not an
    answer to say, "Well, less than 75 is an age you must be sometime."  Jason
at least
    had an answer, although I don't think his answer leads to immortality
either.

I didn't say "75 is an age you must be sometime" - I said "75 is an age you must be before you can be 76". You can only reach age N by traversing all lower ages first. You can't use a self-sampling argument to show that you shouldn't be your current age if you /have/ to pass through that age before you can experience any greater ages.

I don't see the relevance of that. I had to pass through being 5 too. Suppose you are shown a machine and told that it is counting to infinity, i.e. indefinitely. You're asked to guess what number it's on. Would you be surprised if it were on 75?