On 11/11/2013 6:38 PM, LizR wrote:

    Benjamin Button lived his life in reverse.

Oh, right, like the guy in Martin Amis' "Time's Arrow" (itself a rip off from "An Age" by Brian Aldiss). Presumably according to QTI he's at the end of an infinite future lifetime, or whatever? But since he's unphysical I guess we can say what we like about him.

"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" was by F. Scott Fitzgerald (1922).

    So I'll ask you the same thing I asked Quentin, what's you inference from
the fact
    you, and every body you've ever heard of died before reaching age 150?

My normal inference is that everyone dies. Apparently the QTI throws doubt on this by pointing out that we have only sampled an infinitesimal proportion of the available branches of the multiverse, and that in another infinitesimal portion there might be people who live forever (somehow).

But doesn't QTI imply that everybody is immortal, as Jason infers. Did you read "Divided by Inifinity" yet?

What is your inference from the fact that everywhere you've ever travelled has been on or near the surface of a congenial planet supplied with air, water and all the necessities of life?

That I'm the product of evolution on this planet.