2013/11/12 meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>

>  On 11/12/2013 12:23 PM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:
>
> This is ASSA, and I find that absurd, there is no absolute probability of
> being alive, probability is only meaningful between two moments...
>

> But there's a probability of being alive at time t in the future,

This is ASSA

> and that can become arbitrarily small, and in fact it is arbitrarily small

If absolute measure makes sense, then your absolute measure is always
decreasing, still in MWI, as there is always a next moment (which will be
as *real* as the previous one), I don't see how ASSA is relevant for the
question.

> - so all rational decisions will be based on assuming it becomes zero.
> Right?

I don't see how decisions come into play here, rational decisions depends
on the one taking them... I would rationally choose to minimize arm for me
(so as not to put my life in jeopardy), because if MWI is true *and* with
RSSA, me in front on a shotgun, will likely result me being crippled while
not dead with a hell lot more probability than being perfectly safe....
RSSA is of use, ASSA not much at all.

Quentin