On 13 November 2013 10:30, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  But that's part of what bothers me about this idea.  How
> crippled/brain-damaged can you be and still count as a continuation?  Are
> there degrees of continuation?  If so, why can't the degrees asymptote to
> zero?

That bothers me too. It hinges on the critical question of whether you can
have degrees of consciousness (rather than of awareness). If consciousness
is a binary thing then thee are no degrees and you remain conscious in all
branches that count as continuations (though horribly wounded in some -
which is also a bother).