On 13 November 2013 11:16, John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Liz wrote: (and I try to interject my remarks in plain lettering)
>
> *"Sequence is determinative because that's how the universe works.  *
> I would say: "how WE explain the workings of the universe" (- rather
> Multiverse).
>
> Yes of course but so far the second law of thermodynamics has held up
pretty well.

> * Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps in this petty pace from day
> to day, to the last syllable of recorded time. *
> Ditto
> *That's the second law doing its thing, and unless you've got very good
> reason to think otherwise, you shouldn't be surprised that it is. *
> "Laws" are our deduction of the majority-observed phenomena.They do not
> regulate Nature: WE think they are Nature's laws. -  So far...
>
> Yes of course. But we have to agree to some things in order to have a
meaningful discussion. Saying we may be wrong about the laws of physics is
not a good enough answer to my objections to Brent's use of Bayesian
arguments concerning his chance of finding himself at a particular age.
Could you address the point at issue rather than using "the mystical
gambit" ?