On 11/12/2013 7:28 PM, LizR wrote:
On 13 November 2013 16:19, Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com <mailto:yann...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Simple. Shooting yourself with a gun or whatever means you use to end your
life in
    one universe does not guarranttee that you do not grow in all other
universes.
    Unless the laws of physics differ across the multiverse, which I understand
to be
    incorrect, your copies will grow old and die in every universe.

I think it would help if you put your comment beneath whatever you were
replying to. :)

However, assuming I understand what you're saying I will attempt a reply...

The laws of physics don't /mandate/ growing old and dying, they just make it overwhelmingly likely. But in a multiverse everything happens, even incredibly unlikely things...

That's another dubious popularization. Certainly weird things can happen in a QM world. But *everything*? There are still conservation laws, superselection rules, limited speed of signaling. Repeating measurement doesn't produce "every" value, it produces the same eigenvalue as before. Many QM processes are deterministic in one world, c.f. arXiv:quant-ph/070212v1.