Hi George K. Lucey Jr.

Interesting project. but you need to look at more subtle events.
Thunder and lightning even scare me.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information,
   which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail
   to keep a man in everlasting ignorance?hat principle is
   contempt prior to investigation."
                                                                          ?
Herbert Spencer

Lightning and thunder scare even me. I would instead look into
more subtle indicators or future events, like pets running away
away before earthquakes or squirrels gathering nuts before winter,
where there might be more quantitative predictors..

1) Dogs and other animals are also well known to be sensitive
to oncoomg earthquakes, presumably through their feet. In addition to more
conventional methods, one successful predictor of
earthquakes actually uses the number of missing pets in ads
in newspapers as a quantitative predictor. Perhaps it
is subtle vibrations, or it could be piezoelectricity
(electricity produced by stress) that earthquakes are known to emit.

2) Perhaps it is just folklore, but many sources indicate that
squirrels are known to be very active hunting for and burying nuts
if the forecoming winter is to be severe or long. This has to be some kind of
clairvoyance iif it is true.

Because of the squirrerls, if true, my own belief is that you may not
always find physical causes. I think it is mostly clairvoyace.
Rupert Sheldrake has written a book called something
like the sense of being stared at from behind. Many people cruelly
ridicule him, but he is is not a nut, he is a brave man, going against
the cult of materiaism that has locked up scientific opinion.

This is called contempt prioor to investigation. If they would repeat his
suggested experiments they wouod be amazed. But they are imprisoned by the
cult of materialism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Sheldrake

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/feb/05/rupert-sheldrake-interview-science-delusion

I have found after an inspection Leibniz's philosophy that there
 is a valid reason for this, namely that we can be aware of activities (even in
time) outside
of our current situation. But I have likewise so far have been met with silence.

God bless this brave scientist, silenced by the cult of materialism.

Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
See my Leibniz site at
http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough