On 11/13/2013 2:51 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Also, I am against prohibition of any products, including oil, but "prohibition of hemp" has lead to making oil quasi obligatory. So the problem is not oil (and fossil fuel), the problem is the unfair competition brought by people having private interest, and the disinformation they have spread and are still spreading.

You think we could power modern society by burning hemp?? The fossil fuel industry is not run by bandits, just by people who want to make money by providing energy to people who will pay for it. The problem is that there are global environmental side effects which were not appreciated before the development of a huge infrastructure based on fossil fuel...and the cost of mitigating these side effects has not been paid by the users. It's a tragedy of the commons.