On 13 Nov 2013, at 23:43, meekerdb wrote:

On 11/13/2013 12:38 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
What is legal? Guns, oil, car, tobacco, alcohol, those things kill a lot, and none are/were really necessary.

Killing people with guns (or otherwise) is generally illegal.

I think it is a good idea, except for legitimate self-defense of course. "death penalty" is still legally applied in some country, and it is a modern inhuman nonsense to me. Of course it makes room in jaill, so that we can put smokers in them ... :(

Very few things are necessary to live - but many things are desirable.

Sure. But many many things are made desirable by advertizing, some of which are just lies.

What is illegal? Hemp, Tabernanthe iboga, magic mushrooms, LSD, ... Without any argument that they lead to serious problem, when used with moderation and responsibility, following the user guide.

Legalize all of those stuff, and tax proportionally to the real troubles. People are not stupid, they will adapt convenably.

Hmm? How shall we tax proportionately for polluting the atmosphere, the water table?

(the water table ?)

We do have tools. On some radio channel they give the day by day pollution state of of the main cities.
Carbon taxes already plays such a role.

But this done not make any sense if alternative are not allowed, because we cannot even measure the difference.

The energy/pollution problem is a tough problem, but it has been made unsolvable by purposeful "mind pollution", through lies coming systematically from the top.