On 11/14/2013 3:39 PM, LizR wrote:
On 15 November 2013 11:39, John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com
<mailto:jami...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Telmo and other 'experts':
    why does nobody even mention the geothermic energy app - available in huge
Q-s and
    so far tapped only in (literalily) 'superficial' usage. The high pressure
    ultra-clean steam from a deepened modification of the exhausted oil wells
may
    provide much much more energy than today's needs, so it could serve as
driving force
    for more than we think by ongoing technology. (E.g. potable water,
agri-irrigation,
    when fresh-water becomes scarce - like now - pollution-free transportation,
keeping
    politicians in asylum, etc.) .

I assume you mean geothermal energy. It is used in New Zealand but doesn't provide as much energy as wind and hydro as far as I know.

It's an option in some parts of the world, certainly, but I would say solar is more readily available overall.

It might blend well with solar. There have been proposals to store solar energy by heating underground reservoirs.