Yes not the date on the calendar that matters but the behavior of human beings.
Is anyone implying that human nature is entirely different then 300 years ago?
Or is human nature basically the same. Thus, the economic difference, though
vast, appear have purchase in human behavior, still. In fact, if technology
advances the US Constitution will have even more validity. If manufacturing in
the next 20 - 40 years becomes the action of3D printers or nanotech, then the
structure of producing things for yourself comes back into play. Though rather
then being a serf, a subsistence level farmer, a mill worker, 300 years later,
these individuals will be producing goods and services not only for themselves,
but for neighbors, fellow villagers, extended family, a few across the pond.

The hunger for statism now seen in the Democrat Party in the US, and Marxist
Parties, everywhere else, might only be a phase in human development. A feature
of the Industrial Age, where governments saw benefit in having more and more
control over the country class. Perhaps in a generation, every day will be
Bastile Day?

Four years he fought and he fought unafraid
Sniffing down traitors by traitors betrayed
Marat in the courtroom
Marat underground
Sometimes the otter and sometimes the hound

Fighting all the gentry and fighting every priest
The business man the bourgeois the military beast
Marat always ready to stifle every scheme

Of the sons of the ass licking dying regime