On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 4:15 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 05 Dec 2013, at 09:53, Jason Resch wrote:
>

> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 1:48 AM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> Yes, so your current measure of next finding yourself in a Drelb
>>> continuation, is relatively low compared to the measure of you still being
>>> conscious on Earth. But if you point a quantum gun at your head and pull
>>> the trigger 30 times, your Earth-continuation measure continues to fall, it
>>> is reduced by a factor of a billion. At this point, your Drelb-based
>>> extensions may become relatively higher than your Earth-based extensions,
>>> and therefore you would be likely to experience a transition to those
>>> realms of higher measure.

>>> Your measure drops whenever you make yourself more unique,
>>>

>> You doesn't, you always have an infinity of continuations.
>>

> In measure theory ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measure_(mathematics) )
> just because there are an infinite number does not mean they are equal.
> Your measure each time you pull the trigger in the quantum gun is
> (approximately) halved.
>

> ?
>
> Your relative measure on the continuations where you survive remains
> constant and equal to one.

I was considering only the continuations where you survive, (which
subjectively is one), but the proportion of the continuations where you
survive that are explained by non-traditional means (simulation argument,
dream of God, etc.) increases relative to the dwindling the fraction of
biologically surviving instances.

When I spoke of one's measure decreasing, I was referring to the person's
objective measure in reality, which to me seems to decrease when one is
tested by a dangerous encounter. I am not suggesting that there was a 50%
chance you would "stop being you" when you pull the trigger, but that there
is an ever increasing chance you will take some strange paths to survive.
And this is because the measure of the biologically surviving copies,
relative to the non-biological surviving copies, decreases.

> We cannot count the cul-de-sac reality (and that is why Bp & Dt can give a
> quantum measure). Some absolute measure does not make sense.

Does RSSA imply one does no harm to their measure (objective or subjective)
by spending a day in the the box with Schrodinger's cat?

Jason