On 09 Dec 2013, at 23:45, meekerdb wrote:

On 12/9/2013 2:03 PM, Jesse Mazer wrote:
I don't have institutional access but I was able to read it online, though not to download it as a PDF (I just copy-and-pasted all the text for future reference instead). It's great to see each step of the argument laid out in greater detail than I've seen on the list (admittedly I don't consistently read all the posts here)--I still have doubts about step 8, the film-graph argument, hopefully will have time to write up my response soon.

I have similar doubts.  I also doubt that numbers exist

You need only to believe in the following axioms (which are used in all textbook of physics and math):

0 ≠ s(x)
s(x) = s(y) -> x = y
x+0 = x
x+s(y) = s(x+y)
x*0=0
x*s(y)=(x*y)+x

You can even believe only in:

Kxy = x
Sxyz = xz(yz)

That's all.

and that the axiom of infinity is anything but a convenient approximation.

No problem. We need it in the derivation of the physical laws, but that appears only at the epistemological level.

But I still think there's a lot interesting about Bruno's ideas and I'm glad to see them reach a larger audience.

Thanks,