On 12/11/2013 1:18 PM, LizR wrote:
ISTM that "Yes Doctor" sums up comp. If a digital brain made below my substitution level /can/ substitute for my organic one, then I literally have a 50% chance of waking up as the digital version.

However if the Subst Level is quantum, no cloning stops it being actually

But I don't think "substitution level" is sharply defined. You brain must be mostly classical (otherwise it would be evolutionarily useless) and so one might well say "yes" to the doctor, while realizing that the immediate state of your brain at the micro-level would not be duplicated. But this would be no worse than losing the state under anesthetic - which I hope the doctor was going to use anyway.