On 12/11/2013 9:26 AM, John Clark wrote:
On Tue, Dec 10, 2013  meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net
<mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

        >> But that's the beauty of consciousness theories, we can detect
consciousness
        only in ourselves so there are no observed features that a
consciousness theory
must explain,
    > Actually there are some observed features.  A sharp blow to the head can
create a
    gap in ones consciousness.

A sharp blow to MY head can create a gap in MY consciousness,

Right.  That's your observation.

but all I know about you is that when I hit you on the head with a hammer you behaved in a less complex way for a while and then you made a sound with your mouth that sounded like "I lost consciousness".

And you will probably believe me because of our similarity and your observation
above.