Leibniz's theory of perception and consciousness.

The secret of perception. Particular minds and how they relate to the overall
or Cosmic Mind

The problem of perception in materialistic thinking is that it forces us to
think that there is a fleshly homunculus inside our brains.

Leibniz has a more complicated understanding of particular minds and how they
relate to Cosmic Mind.

In Leibniz's metaphysics, there is only one mind (the Perceiver or Cosmic Mind
or God or the One)
that perceives and acts, doing this through the Supreme (most dominant) monad.
It perceives the whole universe with perfect clarity.

Only it can perceive and act, because its monads (which includes our minds)
have no windows.
The monads (our minds) perceive only indirectly, as the Supreme Monad is the
only
--what we would call-- "conscious" mind. We only think and perceive indirectly,
as the Supreme Monad continually and instantly updates its universe of
monads. Thus there is no problem communing with God (the Cosmic Mind , the One)
as we do so continually and necessarily, although only according to our own
abilities
and perspectives .

That we ourselves, not God (or Cosmic Mind, the One), appear to be the
perceiver is thus only apparent.

Also, because Cosmic Mind sees the entire universe as viewed by a kaleidoscope
of
individual monads, the perceptions it returns to us contains not only what
we see (the universe from our own individual perspectives) but the
perceptions of all of the other monads. Thus each monad knows everything
in the universe, but only from its own perspective, and monads being monads,
not perfectly clear but distorted.

---
is active.