On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 5:01 PM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One year ago I sent the following post to the list, I did not change one
> word. One year from now I intend to send this same message yet again.
> ================
> I have been a member of the Extropian List for many years and at the
> beginning of the year it is my habit to send a message to that list about
> the paranormal and psi. Sense the subject of Rupert Sheldrake and
> other forms of infantile junk science has come up here I thought I'd
> send it to this list also. One year from now I intend to send this same
> message yet again.
> ================
> One year ago I sent the following post to the list, I did not change one
> word. One year from now I intend to send this same message yet again.
> ================
> One year ago I sent the following post to the list, I did not change one
> word. One year from now I intend to send this same message yet again.
> ================
> One year ago I sent the following post to the list, I did not change one
> word. One year from now I intend to send this same message yet again.
> ================
> One year ago I sent the following post to the list, I did not change one
> word. One year from now I intend to send this same message yet again.
> ================
> One year ago I sent the following post to the list, I did not change one
> word. One year from now I intend to send this same message yet again.
> ================
> One year ago I sent the following post to the list, I did not change one
> word. One year from now I intend to send this same message yet again.
> ================
> One year ago I sent the following post to the list, I did not change one
> word. One year from now I intend to send this same message yet again.
> ================
>
> Happy New Year all.
>
> I predict that a paper reporting positive psi results will NOT appear in
> Nature or Science in the next year. This may seem an outrageous
> prediction, after all psi is hardly a rare phenomena, millions of
> people with no training have managed to observe it, or claim they have.
> And I am sure the good people at Nature and Science would want to
> say something about this very important and obvious part of our natural
> world if they could, but I predict they will be unable to find anything
> interesting to say about it.
>
> You might think my prediction is crazy,

Not in the slightest. I predicted that you would pretend to predict this,
being fundamentalist still-in-closet theologian of
peer-reviewdom-science-nature-consensus-truthiness-magic... and that you
will keep doing so in the future. I just didn't tell anybody because it was
kind of obvious, no?

> like saying a waitress with an
> eight's grade education in Duluth Minnesota can regularly observe the
> Higgs boson with no difficulty but the highly trained Physicists at CERN
> in Switzerland cannot. Nevertheless I am confident my prediction is true
> because my ghostly spirit guide Mohammad Duntoldme spoke to me
> about it in a dream.
>
> PS: I am also confident I can make this very same prediction one year from
> today.

Sure you are. All magicians and bad sages are. Pyromaniac Global
Contributor [to the destruction of matter (the duty of any self-respecting
denizen of platonia is to blow up matter itself. Tonight. They will make it
illegal someday, for reasons that do not really matter, so...)]