On 1/5/2014 9:23 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Hi Edgar,

On 05 Jan 2014, at 13:41, Edgar L. Owen wrote:

Bruno,

You say of the present moment "Yes, it's not a clock time." I agree, then what is the present moment if it isn't a clock time?

It is the set of computational states on which a first person is associated as a sort of "hero" in some histories, corresponding to the most probable relative computations or universal neighbors.

It is an indexical: each states supporting that "hero story" is handled "indexically", by itself, through self-reference and encodings of that local "past(s)" and "future(s)" possible with respect to approximate representations of the universal neighbors.

'Present, 'me, 'here, 'now, 'actual, like 'yesterday and 'tomorrow, ... are indexicals, and can be handled relative to universal numbers ("programming languages", "interpreters") with a simple diagonal method (If Dx produce 'xx', DD produces 'DD').

And just like "here" is relative to state of motion, so is "now". SR isn't complicated, it just takes a little adjustment before it's intuitive.

I think there's an interesting question as to the temporal aspect of consciousness, but it has nothing to do with SR. It has to do with entropy, memory, and information processing.