Der Bruno,

The UD has no output. I guess you think to the trace of the UD, UD*, which
from the first person perspective is "entirely given", by the 1p delay
invariance."

   The UD never stops. If a process lasts forever, it is eternal, then it
does not ever complete and thus its results never obtain in any way that
can be considered as accessible.

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 2:51 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 10 Jan 2014, at 22:57, meekerdb wrote:
>
>  On 1/10/2014 1:34 AM, LizR wrote:
>
>  On 10 January 2014 22:27, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>

>>  I don't think that there can be a single or multiple processor
>> computing "the state of the universe". In fact there is no such universe.
>> The universe is an appearance emerging, from below the substitution level,
>> on all computations going through our current state. A single computation
>> can hardly do that a priori, although this is not excluded, but this would
>> lead to a newtonian-like type of reality. Everett confirms that such a
>> computation cannot be unique, which is the default stance in the comp
>> theory, although we cannot avoid at this stage some possible conspiracy by
>> numbers leading to a unique computable reality.
>>
>>   Surely a single computer could run the UD, at least until it wore out?
>

> As I understand it the multiverse, the world, is the complete output of
> the UD.
>

> ?
>
> The UD has no output. I guess you think to the trace of the UD, UD*, which
> from the first person perspective is "entirely given", by the 1p delay
> invariance.
>

> In effect the UD must "finish" in order to have computed the world,
>

> UD* is entirely given in the tiny sigma_1 block arithmetical reality.
>

> which of course is an uncomputable output.
>

> It is not an output. The trace is computable. Only the FPI on that set of
> computations is not computable.
>
> Bruno
>

> Brent

> http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/