Dear Bruno,

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 4:14 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 11 Jan 2014, at 08:56, Stephen Paul King wrote:
>
> Der Bruno,
>
> The UD has no output. I guess you think to the trace of the UD, UD*, which
> from the first person perspective is "entirely given", by the 1p delay
> invariance."
>
>    The UD never stops. If a process lasts forever, it is eternal, then it
> does not ever complete and thus its results never obtain in any way that
> can be considered as accessible.
>

> ?
> Then real numbers don't exist.

Ah, now you diverge from Kronecker. :-)

> To belong to your first person indeterminacy domain, the UD needs only to
> access the state, which, by non stopping, has to occur once. of course we
> might need to look at the 10^(10^1000) nth step of the UD. But the 1p is
> not aware of the "reconstitution" (in UD*) delay, so that does not matter.
> Either your state is accessed, or not, and if it is accessed it take a
> finite "time" (number of the UD-steps), and belongs to the indeterminacy
> domain. So the global FPI does have the whole infinite trace of the UD as
> domain, or if you prefer it is the infinite union of all its finite parts.
>  Just keep in mind the step 2 and 4.

This makes no sense unless you are assuming time at the ontological level
for the "flow" of the UD. Another indication of non-neutrality. We can make
appeals from the fact that we seem to have a flow of events/states (aka
Time) at our level and wonder where that flow might originate. The problem
is that no change can emerge from stasis, not even an illusion. The
solution is obvious: Take Becoming as fundamental. It is neutral in that no
particular order or type is selected to exist while some other does not.
Being and statics are then the relative invariances, fixed points,
automorphism, etc. within this neutrality.

> Bruno
>

> On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 2:51 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>

>> On 10 Jan 2014, at 22:57, meekerdb wrote:
>>
>>  On 1/10/2014 1:34 AM, LizR wrote:
>>
>>   On 10 January 2014 22:27, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>>

>>>  I don't think that there can be a single or multiple processor
>>> computing "the state of the universe". In fact there is no such universe.
>>> The universe is an appearance emerging, from below the substitution level,
>>> on all computations going through our current state. A single computation
>>> can hardly do that a priori, although this is not excluded, but this would
>>> lead to a newtonian-like type of reality. Everett confirms that such a
>>> computation cannot be unique, which is the default stance in the comp
>>> theory, although we cannot avoid at this stage some possible conspiracy by
>>> numbers leading to a unique computable reality.
>>>
>>>   Surely a single computer could run the UD, at least until it wore out?
>>

>> As I understand it the multiverse, the world, is the complete output of
>> the UD.
>>

>> ?
>>
>> The UD has no output. I guess you think to the trace of the UD, UD*,
>> which from the first person perspective is "entirely given", by the 1p
>> delay invariance.
>>

>> In effect the UD must "finish" in order to have computed the world,
>>

>> UD* is entirely given in the tiny sigma_1 block arithmetical reality.
>>

>> which of course is an uncomputable output.
>>

>> It is not an output. The trace is computable. Only the FPI on that set of
>> computations is not computable.
>>
>> Bruno
>>

>> Brent
>>
>> --
>>

>>  http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/
>>

>> --

> Kindest Regards,
>
> Stephen Paul King
>
> Senior Researcher
>
> Mobile: (864) 567-3099
>
> stephe...@provensecure.com
>
>  http://www.provensecure.us/
>

> “This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of
> the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
> information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential and
> exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may be constituted as
> attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
> hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
> message in error, notify sender immediately and delete this message
> immediately.”

> http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/
>

>  --

Kindest Regards,