On 11 Jan 2014, at 16:06, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Stephen Paul King <stephe...@provensecure.com > wrote:
Dear Friends,

I highly recommend Louis H. Kauffman's new blog. His latest post speaks to the Becoming interpretation of mathematics that I advocate:

http://kauffman2013.wordpress.com/2014/01/11/is-mathematics-real/

Last I understood, you advocate some kind of process, here "becoming interpretation". I don't see how that fits with some set theoretical foundation. Could you elaborate? I don't think sets are necessary for some comp foundation and arithmetic suffices already in "throwing us down a rabbit hole". PGC

Yeah, I just commented there. It is nice, but not quite original. Also, the idea to extract all sets from the empty set, is just like providing the common axiomatic of sets with the reflexion and comprehension axioms, but all axiomatics of sets subsumes all sets. Then if Stephen allows to found becoming on math, like me and Kauffman, then he accepts the idea that the illusion of change can be explained by a static block reality, which, as you point out, contradicts what he just said. On the contrary Kauffman is going, like Tegmark, nearer and nearer to the comp theory.

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Paul King