How large does a digital circle have to be before the circumference seems
like a straight line?

Digital information has no scale or sense of relation. Code is code. Any
rendering of that code into a visual experience of lines and curves is a
question of graphic formatting and human optical interaction. With a
universe that assumes information as fundamental, the proximity-dependent
flatness or roundness of the Earth would have to be defined
programmatically. Otherwise, it is simply “the case” that a person is
standing on the round surface of the round Earth. Proximity is simply a
value with no inherent geometric relevance.

When we resize a circle in Photoshop, for instance, the program is not
transforming a real shape, it is erasing the old digital circle and
creating a new, unrelated digital circle. Like a cartoon, the relation
between the before and after, between one frame and the “next” is within
our own interpretation, not within the information.