On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 4:43 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 11 Jan 2014, at 16:06, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:
>

> On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Stephen Paul King <
> stephe...@provensecure.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Friends,
>>
>>   I highly recommend Louis H. Kauffman's new blog. His latest post speaks
>> to the Becoming interpretation of mathematics that I advocate:
>>
>> http://kauffman2013.wordpress.com/2014/01/11/is-mathematics-real/
>>

> Last I understood, you advocate some kind of process, here "becoming
> interpretation". I don't see how that fits with some set theoretical
> foundation. Could you elaborate? I don't think sets are necessary for some
> comp foundation and arithmetic suffices already in "throwing us down a
> rabbit hole". PGC
>

> Yeah, I just commented there. It is nice, but not quite original. Also,
> the idea to extract all sets from the empty set, is just like providing the
> common axiomatic of sets with the reflexion and comprehension axioms, but
> all axiomatics of sets subsumes all sets.
> Then if Stephen allows to found becoming on math, like me and Kauffman,
> then he accepts the idea that the illusion of change can be explained by a
> static block reality, which, as you point out, contradicts what he just
> said. On the contrary Kauffman is going, like Tegmark, nearer and nearer to
> the comp theory.

I found Kauffman's development quite interesting. In particular getting the
expression RR=~RR for an imaginary universe
and presumably GG=GG for a real universe. But quantum mechanics demands a
complex universe. It must be a simple step to go from separate real and
imaginary universes to a complex universe. Should I be amused that Kauffman
did not take that step?

I conjectured about doing that in my Metaverse String Cosmology paper. It
would be nice to but some math around it with a suitable reference.
Richard