On 14 January 2014 01:02, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

> Liz,
>
> The computational theory I propose has nothing to do with cellular
> automata. Cellular automata is little more than a simple childish game. I
> played around with them myself back in the 1960's and found little of
> interest. All the hype and theorizing around them is misguided.

So there's something else your theory isn't. I find it a little odd that
you need to characterise CAs as a "childish game" though. That's not
exactly a scientific critique of why something might not be applicable to
understanding the real world (indeed on the basis of reductionism we might
expect whatever's at the basis of reality to be something simple enough to
be described exactly like that).