On 1/13/2014 9:23 AM, Edgar L. Owen wrote:
Jason,

You'd have a snowball's chance in hell in publishing a paper there withOUT academic affiliation...

Edgar

Yeah, arXiv was once pretty open but it got so many papers it's started to require a 'sponsor' to vouch for new posters. Which is not to say you couldn't get one; do you know any physicists in academia? But even if you can't post on arXiv, I still think it's a good idea to write some short paper(s). You can post them on your own website if nowhere else.

Brent
"We don't really understand a theory until we can put it on a t-shirt."
    --- Richard Feynman