From: Platonist Guitar Cowboy <multiplecit...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wed, Jan 15, 2014 9:45 am
Subject: Re: Consciousness as a State of Matter

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 3:26 AM, freqflyer07281972
<thismindisbud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "SEEKING A COMPATIBLE WOMAN OR LONG TERM COMPANION: I'm seeking a
> compatible, loyal, caring, natural, affectionate, non-feminist woman who
> believes that male female relationships should not be adversarial or
> selfish, but based on mutual love, trust and benefit. Hopefully young and
> healthy enough to be able to help me out through my old age. I'm also open
> to the possibility of a long term possibly live in friend or companion to
> share my house and help take care of things. Someone quiet, peaceful and
> down to earth who appreciates my work and lifestyle would be ideal. That
> could be either a man or woman or even a couple. If you are interested in
> discussing this further or know someone who might be please feel free to
> contact me at edgaro...@att.net. "
>
> And you said i didn't read things...

This is none of our business nor is it relevant in any way.
Being a big defender of the right to anonymity, it makes me sad that
you use yours against Edgar in such a low fashion.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds
discuss people."
-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Sure, but Edgar did start this nonsense challenging provocatively "I have a
life partner. A truly wonderful one. You?"; with all those implications. That's
where "this is none of our business" started and derailed the thread in that
fashion.

Isn't this rather: As you sow, so you shall reap? Can a flasher complain to the
person they just...inappropriately exposed themselves to, that his privacy was
violated unfairly? Good question these days, what with privacy, consent,
digital spying, cryptography etc...

Don't get me wrong though. I guess snooping is low like flashing, consent of
some party is violated in both cases. If you denounce one, you have to denounce
the other though; that is, if you want to keep your denouncer street cred, uhm
credible, solid, consistent, peer reviewed and mirror truth in the absolute
because it's simply, really true, ok?. Good. ;-)  PGC