On 15 Jan 2014, at 16:59, Edgar L. Owen wrote:

Bruno,

If you assume the basic axioms of arithmetic are the basic axioms of reality then you ARE effectively saying that "Arithmetic exists because arithmetic exists."

That is true.

But the premise is incorrect.

I do not assume that the basic axioms of arithmetic are the basic axioms of reality.

That is, on the contrary, what I *prove*, from the computationalist assumption.

UDA proves it quickly, (in 8th step) and AUDA extracts constructively the quanta (and the qualia).

whether you verbalize it or not, and that is your implicit unstated fundamental axiom.

That is certainly not less circular than my fundamental axiom, and considerably less convincing....

If that is not your fundamental axiom then what is?

The intuitive theology (comp) is the bet that I would survive, or even that I would not notice the difference, once a computer simulating my body, at some level of description, is provided. ("yes doctor")

UDA shows, or is supposed to show, that if that is true, then physics has to be recovered by a relative statistical calculus on all computations (modalized by internal points of view, or indexicals) in arithmetic. UDA shows that the TOE is anything Turing complete "thing". I use Arithmetic because it is taught in school.

AUDA does a part of that recovering, so we can already compare that physics with the actual observation.

Bruno

Edgar