On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:54:09 PM UTC-5, cdemorsella wrote:

> Man that’s uncool. You may think he is an idiot, but to go troll the
> internet and then publish on this list his very personal life is crossing a
> line. I think you owe the man an apology and need to look into your own
> heart and ask yourself if perhaps this exposes an ugly wart in your own
> character… one that if I were you I would be trying to understand and work
> through.
>
> Chris

Just for the record:

a) I apologized (on a new thread so I wouldn't "derail" this one)

b) I didn't have to "troll the internet" very far to find his lonely hearts
advert -- it's on the front page of google after you search edgar owen --
second entry -- I was just trying to find more information about this book
on reality he keeps talking about, but his blog is the second entry in the
search, and the advert is the very first thing you see when you go to the
site -- hardly private details... indeed, given his clearly narcissistic
posture, I thought he would be quite flattered anyone took that level of
interest in him.

c) Ugly wart on my character? You think I am not aware that I have warts on
my character? Dude, I got tons of 'em, all over the damn place... I think
anyone who is honest with themselves will also find them. Oh yah, no doubt
it exposes an ugly wart on my character. I only wish other people would be
equally honest in their self-assessments (lookin' at you, Edgar) and take
the time to perhaps "try to understand and work through" their ugly warts,
i.e. condescension, truculence,  delusion. For me, it's a constant and
daily struggle, but I never stop working at it... I admit that I backslide
a bit and do some dumb stuff though, and looking back, I realize that
posting that thing from Edgar's site was not a decent thing to do -- I
fully accept your condemnation and repent.