On 16 Jan 2014, at 01:10, meekerdb wrote:

On 1/15/2014 3:20 PM, LizR wrote:
On 16 January 2014 12:12, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:
Begin by Imagining a world in which everything is computational.

What is this world? What does it consist of? What is doing the computations?

Whatever it is, Bruno's UD will eventually do it.

THe UD will emulate all mind states. This we can say (assuming comp). But he will never emulate the physical reality/world, a priori, unless the physical world is little, finite, essentially material or substantial, constitutes my only brain, ... which prevents me from "saying yes" to any doctor.

I don't know what is a world, to be honest.