On 16 January 2014 13:10, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  On 1/15/2014 3:20 PM, LizR wrote:
>
>  On 16 January 2014 12:12, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:
>
>>    Begin by Imagining a world in which everything is computational.
>>

>  What is this world? What does it consist of? What is doing the
> computations?
>
> Whatever it is, Bruno's UD will eventually do it.

I would like to know what Edgar's answer is. Obviously Edgar's theory
doesn't use the UD, because he has clearly stated that he thinks comp is
false. He even started a thread called "Bruno's fundamental mistake (IMHO)"
!

OK, I admit that going on past behaviour I shouldn't expect a sensible
answer from Edgar. I know I'm most likely to some snide comment telling me
it's too obvious to explain, or insinuating that I'm a moron for asking.
But even so, I think the polite and courteous thing to do is to keep asking
questions, and I  live in hope that I will get proper answers from Edgar,
and that eventually, if every step of his argument is clarified
sufficiently, it will either start making sense to me, or stop making sense
to him, as the case may be.

So, my original questions were, what is the nature of a world in which
everything is computational? For example, is it physical or abstract or
something else? (And if so, what?) Does it have physical computational
machinery of some sort (like CY compact manifolds), or if not, what
*does*it have?

All this (and probably a lot more) needs to be explained before one can
start to imagine a world in which "everything is computational".