On 16 Jan 2014, at 04:25, freqflyer07281972 wrote:

On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:54:09 PM UTC-5, cdemorsella wrote:
Man that’s uncool. You may think he is an idiot, but to go troll the internet and then publish on this list his very personal life is crossing a line. I think you owe the man an apology and need to look into your own heart and ask yourself if perhaps this exposes an ugly wart in your own character… one that if I were you I would be trying to understand and work through.

Chris

Just for the record:

a) I apologized (on a new thread so I wouldn't "derail" this one)

b) I didn't have to "troll the internet" very far to find his lonely hearts advert -- it's on the front page of google after you search edgar owen -- second entry -- I was just trying to find more information about this book on reality he keeps talking about, but his blog is the second entry in the search, and the advert is the very first thing you see when you go to the site -- hardly private details... indeed, given his clearly narcissistic posture, I thought he would be quite flattered anyone took that level of interest in him.

c) Ugly wart on my character? You think I am not aware that I have warts on my character? Dude, I got tons of 'em, all over the damn place... I think anyone who is honest with themselves will also find them. Oh yah, no doubt it exposes an ugly wart on my character. I only wish other people would be equally honest in their self- assessments (lookin' at you, Edgar) and take the time to perhaps "try to understand and work through" their ugly warts, i.e. condescension, truculence, delusion. For me, it's a constant and daily struggle, but I never stop working at it... I admit that I backslide a bit and do some dumb stuff though, and looking back, I realize that posting that thing from Edgar's site was not a decent thing to do -- I fully accept your condemnation and repent.

I was also a bit shocked by what you did to Edgar, but I find wonderfully reassuring to see someone capable of offering apologies after doing something a bit nasty. That's rare.

Let us try to focus on the points. If there are no points in a post, there is no need to reply.