And....

At the peak of the great inflation, in the year 1980, the inflationary
theory of the universe was born:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_(cosmology)

inflation in US by year and month:

1982    8.39 %  7.62 %  6.78 %  6.51 %  6.68 %  7.06 %  6.44 %  5.85 %  5.04
%       5.14 %  4.59 %  3.83 %  6.16 %
1981    11.83 % 11.41 % 10.49 % 10.00 % 9.78 %  9.55 %  10.76 % 10.80
%       10.95 % 10.14 % 9.59 %  8.92 %  10.35 %
1980    13.91 % 14.18 % 14.76 % 14.73 % 14.41 % 14.38 % 13.13 % 12.87
%       12.60 % 12.77 % 12.65 % 12.52 % 13.58 %
1979    9.28 %  9.86 %  10.09 % 10.49 % 10.85 % 10.89 % 11.26 % 11.82
%       12.18 % 12.07 % 12.61 % 13.29 % 11.22 %

--
Alberto.