On 1/17/2014 1:44 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

I agree that zombies do not make a lot of sense ... assuming comp. But if we forget all assumptions, the concept of zombie makes logical sense. It is someone behaving like you and me, but which happens to lack consciousness. I think your argument is build on the comp intuition pump. You find the notion of zombie doubtful, because you find non-comp doubtful, OK?

I don't think that's reason. It's just that it is a successful model in dealing with other people to assume the are like yourself. Notice that this same intuition works the other way too and makes it hard from some people to believe a robot could be conscious - it's just not like "me" inside.