This is quite awesome, and I mean that in its real sense rather than the
cheap sense it's thrown around nowadays. 50 years ago ... they asked what
are quasars? Now we are mapping the property of Sagitarius A, the
supermassive black hole at the centre of our galaxy, by tracing the orbits
of stars and in particular a magnetar (weren't those theoretical a few
years ago?)

It brings a lump to my eye and a tear to my throat to realise how much the
human race has managed during my little lifetime (and I don't just mean a
20% rise in atmospheric CO2...)

http://www.nature.com/news/astrophysics-the-heart-of-darkness-1.14526