On 24 January 2014 07:33, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Of course it depends on what DE is.  The most common theory is that it's
> just the cosmological constant term in Einstein's equation.  If that's the
> case then it's just another geometric effect of the dynamics of space.
> It's not really a "force", it's just part of gravity.

Yes, it depends on what it is, which is why I didn't think he could
*necessarily* say it existed between someone's fingers.

Of course gravity isn't a force either. The term is being used to simplify
the discussion, it's a lot easier to type "force" than "effect of the
curvature of space" (it also seems a valid shorthand usage because it would
be experienced in a similar manner to a force, i.e. it would cause an
acceleration).