On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:21:44 PM UTC-5, stathisp wrote:

> On 30 January 2014 10:00, Craig Weinberg <whats...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:

> whats...@gmail.com>

> don't
> by

> >> Unless it's all set up to function properly.
> >

> > What's wrong with the way a cadaver functions?
>
> Many changes occur after death, the end result of which is that in a
> cadaver, the parts are in the wrong configuration and therefore don't
> work together as they do in a living person.

Wrong for whom? They are in a better configuration for certain
microrganisms to thrive. There's probably more complexity in the
computation of a decomposing body than a healthy one .

> Death is said to occur
> when the changes are irreversible, but people who have themselves
> cryonically preserved hope that future technology will allow what is
> currently thought to be irreversible to become reversible.

Had we not already discovered the impossibility of resurrecting a dead
person with raw electricity, would your position offer any insight into why
that strategy would fail 100% of the time?

Craig