Brent,

First thanks for recommending Epstein's book "Relativity Visualized". It
turns out though that I seem to have independently invented 'Epstein
diagrams' myself since I use them both in my book and in my 1997 paper.
However I always thought the concept was obvious and never even thought of
calling them 'Owen diagrams'.
:-)

Note also that the whole concept of Epstein diagrams is based on the fact
that everything always travels at the speed of light through spacetime,
what I call the 'STc Principle'.

You will perhaps recall that when I first mentioned that principle here a
few weeks ago you rather dismissed it as unimportant or even with limited
accuracy or usefulness. I forget your exact words. Funny now that you
recommend a book based on that very same principle!

Note also that this STc Principle, that Epstein uses as the basis to
explain all relativistic effects, is exactly what I point out also
establishes the physical source of both the arrow of time and a privileged
present moment and thus conclusively falsifies the notion that relativity
somehow requires a block time universe. It is clear from the STc Principle
that block time is incompatible with relativity, in fact the STc Principle
conclusively falsifies block time because it requires everything to always
be moving in a forward direction in time AND to be at one and only one
position in time. This is the source of both the arrow of time and the
present moment of time.

Edgar