All,

I have a big gripe about how physicists misuse (in my judgement) the whole
notion of Planck units as if they somehow were the minimum possible units
of various physical quantities such as time and length.

It has become fashionable whenever physicists want to refer to the minimum
sizes of units they have no idea of as Planck time, Planck length, etc. but
so far as I can see from the actual definition of these units there is no
reason whatsoever to assume these are the minimum units of physical reality.

In fact the Planck mass is many times LARGER than the minimum masses known
so immediately the whole notion falls apart. So is the Planck charge 11.7
times larger than the elementary charge known.

Does anyone else find this an annoying symptom of imprecise speech among
physicists that leads to sloppy thinking as it clearly does in the way
physicists use the term infinity to mean very very big?

Edgar