From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Craig Weinberg
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 7:11 PM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: My scepticism took a small knock today

On Friday, April 4, 2014 6:00:09 PM UTC-4, Liz R wrote:

>>Last night just before I woke up I had a dream about a guy coming to the door
>>selling religion, so to speak - the details were a bit weird, as in most
>>dreams, but that was the gist of it - I sent him away, saying "no thanks we
>>don't indulge" or words to that effect.

Love that response – even if from a dream – “no thanks, we don’t indulge”….
Perfect.

I've never had a dream of that sort, at least not that I can recall.

>>A few minutes ago, for the first time since we've been in this house (1 and a
>>half years) - indeed the first time in a lot longer than that - a guy came to
>>the door with a copy of the "Watchtower" and a personal message from God. I
>>sent him away, but ... I was a bit shaken.

I must be on some national evangelical do not visit list, because when I see
the little groups of salvation sellers come around they knock on all the houses
except mine. I keep waiting, but instead I see them look down at their database
generated no go list and move on. A strange mix of technology in the service of
medievalism.

Charles also had a weird recurring dream for several years about a situation he
has now found himself in, to do with work, which has freaked him out a bit,
although his makes more sense as a "worry dream".

Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence ... isn't it?

Personally I think that you have to add in the fact that you took notice of the
happenstance, so already it was a potential coincidence. By the time it recurs,
it is slightly more than a coincidence. What does it mean? I think not much but
it offers a glimpse into the larger nature of time as rooted in experience
rather than physics.