On 1 July 2014 23:05, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 12:49 AM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't see how the university can stop the student union from banning
>> things if they want to,
>>

> I guess, assuming the student union owns the buildings in which such bans
> apply.
>
> I don't think the union's likely to own any buildings on the college
campus - only their HQ in Malet Street (where I once went to see Arthur C
Clark give a talk :-) ... but they may well be able to make life difficult
for anyone who  wants to do "banned" things by, essentailly, bullying them
politely until they stop.

As I think you already said, they can always convene in the local cafe.
This all reflects far worse on the U.L.U. than it does on the Neitzsche Soc.