This is very interesting! If it's true it means that any worlds where the
Nazis won WW2 are googolplexes of lightyears away and moving away from us
at far greater than lightspeed, rather than "merely" separated from us by a
lack of quantum entanglement - which has to be a good thing, IMHO.

Many of the fluid dynamicists involved in or familiar with the new research
> have become convinced that there is a classical, fluid explanation of
> quantum mechanics.

This seems to me a rather big ask, and is one of the objections I (and
maybe others) have raised to "Tronnies". If you are going to extract
quantised behaviour from something classical (i.e. from something that is
continuous and infinitely divisible) you need your states to emerge exactly
- to infinite precision - to get them identical in different parts of the
universe (e.g. in the spectral lines from trillions of stars). Otherwise,
it seems reasonable to suppose that you will only get similar solutions,
like a classical particle orbitting in a potential well they should be
subject to small perturbations. Using a fluid medium filling space (aside
from any considerations of Lorentz invariance etc) seems to me a way to
allow all sorts of influences to get at, say, an electron inside a hydrogen
atom. So each H atom should have a slightly different spectral signature.

There is also a local mechanism for EPR suggested, which I would imagine is
equivalent to hidden variables. I was under the impression that Bell's
inequality ruled these out (except in the case of time symmetry). Has this
been rescinded?

I would hope that the pilot wave approach makes different predictions to
others, which will allow it to be tested experimentally. A 500 qubit
quantum computer which worked would apparently rule out most theories apart
from the MWI, for example - does the PWI have anything similar? Otherwise
as David Deutsch said, isn't it just Everett with one world singled out by
a (so far undetectable) "bolt-on extra" ?