On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 1:30 AM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>

> Quantum mechanics assumes real and complex numbers.

Quantum mechanics works very well, but every time we've tested it
with experiment the values we put into it and the values we measure after
the experiment have only had values at best a dozen or so places to the
right of the decimal point. Are we justified in extrapolating from that
that it would work just as well if there were a infinite number if digits
to the right of the decimal point?  I honestly don't know.

  John K Clark