On 26 October 2014 14:00, spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
>
>  Brent, I am quite familiar with Eric Steinhardt Paterson University, NJ.
> He deals philosophically as a philosopher does, with the idea of
> immortality, and identity. I believe I'm not incorrect when I say he
> believes multiple versions of yourself naturally occurring. However, in a
> comment to another philosopher named Schwitzgebel, in California,
> Steinhardt stated that he believed that each individual clone or person, is
> in their own world line and thus information does not transfer from one
> individual, one state of the universe, to another. Thus, a branch, from
> universe 1A, cannot be the same person as Brent, from universe 2A.
>
> If quantum theory is to be believed he is probably right on the first
point (multiple copies) but incorrect on the second (no information
transfer).

But if he believes the above, how did he come to these conclusions? If he
did it without knowing about Everett, that's (at least) rather impressive.
But otherwise, and going purely by what you've said, what do his
conclusions contribute?