On 21 March 2015 at 15:45, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  On 3/20/2015 6:25 PM,
>
> ...but not in a good way.
>
> http://www.sciencemag.org/content/347/6223/1259855.abstract
>

> That's actually more sanguine that I expected.  I would have estimated
> climate change as high risk (does "beyond the zone of uncertainty" mean
> "certain"?).  And I'd have put "Freshwater use" as "increasing risk"; but
> maybe that's because I live in California.

Yes, I agree (even though I don't live in CA). They seem to have taken a
conservative view on several things - I'd add ocean acidification as being
in the yellow zone, and ozone depletion higher up (but maybe that's because
I live in NZ!).

Still, it's an interesting way to look at it. A (perhaps corrected) version
of that chart should be published far and wide IMHO.