> On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In the Answer this:  of MWI, you're about to perform an electron spin
>> measurement experiment. Before the experiment, the experimenter is asked
>> what is the probability he will measure spin up? What would you answer if
>> you were the experimenter ?
>

> It doesn't matter if it's in the MWI context or not, the answer is 50%.

Ok

> And now it's my turn to ask 2 questions:

No, I don't have to answer your questions because they are completely of
topics for the current concern (it's the part where you're escaping
answers) , step 3, as you answer 50% to the measurement experiment please
explain how it is different, I requote :

Now if you answer to the probability question.* Please explain then*
*logically* *how it's different from the simple duplication experiment
without resorting to answer escaping* like doppelgangers (as there are in
the MWI and duplication experiments), like recombination (there aren't any
in both experiments), like saying pronouns are undefined as they are used
in both experiments question and points to the experimenter  before he
actually does the experiment (what is the probability he'll see spin up as
a result of his experiment or what is the probability he'll see moscow as a
result of his experiment).

> If you send a billion photons through 2 slits and onto a photographic
> plate and you do NOT know which slit any of the photons went through what
> is the probability you will see a interference pattern when you develop
> that plate? And if you send a billion photons through 2 slits and onto a
> photographic plate and you DO know which slit all the the photons went
> through what is the probability you will see a interference pattern when
> you develop that plate?
>
> The correct answers are 100% and 0% respectively. Everett and his many
> Worlds Interpretation has no difficulty explaining why this is the case,
> but Bruno's copying machine world is not nearly as rich and has no
> explanation.

That's not the point of the duplication thought experiment, and that
thought experiment in *no way* is meant to explain that.

> Therefore one can reject the importance of Bruno's experiment without
> rejecting the MWI.
>
>  > Now if you answer to the probability question. Please explain then
>> logically how it's different from the simple duplication experiment
>

> The MWI can explain why interference exists as any valid interpretation of
> Quantum Mechanics must, but Bruno's simple duplication experiment can not.
> Another difference is that the MWI contains no ambiguity but Bruno's
> thought experiment does. Yet another difference is that the MWI tries to
> explain why the probabilistic predictions of Quantum Mechanics work and in
> that it is successful, but Bruno is trying to explain why we feel we are
> the same person today that we were yesterday and in that he was
> unsuccessful.
> > In the meantime you can let the horses alone.
>
> I'll consider giving more comments about your horse affections a rest if
> you give "Liar Clark" a rest,

I will only if you *actually* answer in *good faith *the question... which
currently I'll assign a probability for you to do it to nearly 0%. But I
don't care youre calling me the way you do, what you chose as insult is an
insight of the type of man you are... prove me wrong, and answer in good
faith the question asked.

Quentin

Quentin

> after all you've been at it constantly for 15 months so you must be
> getting tired by now.
>
>   John K Clark
>
>  --

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. (Roy
Batty/Rutger Hauer)